Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lesson 153. Get back on a different horse.

I have a fun sized filipino friend who I often discuss the highs and lows with. Today was no exception. 
We were talking about falling down a failure. About losing it. About reaching the point where you feel like you just don't know where to go or what to do. And then I said "I guess you've just got to get back on the horse" and she said "Well I don't like this horse, get on a different horse"

She didn't realise it, but what she said struck me. I decided I was going to witter on to you lovely lot about it because I realised it's something we all need to implement.

Getting back up and starting over doesn't always mean getting back to where you were or even who you were. It's about getting to where you're supposed to be and who you've been headed for being all along. The old horse was suited for you then, the things you used to do and the way you used to ride life. But you've out grown it and it's time to accept that getting back up doesn't mean living the same way that you always have, it means getting on a different horse. Whether that means taking on a different attitude, trying something scarier, or simply accepting that things are not going to be the same, it's the healthiest thing for you.

When you fall off, get back on a different horse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment