Friday, October 26, 2012

Lesson 154. Be okay that they don't have answers.

It's a Friday night and I'm full of questions. Why is it socially unacceptable to attend movies alone? Why is there an office party across from my building and why does it mean I have to be fully clothed at all times? Why are my flatmates studying? Why are they ignoring my attempts to distract them via interpretive dance and excellently thought out skits?

Okay so you might be able to answer a few of them, but I'm definitely struggling. My point is, I'm riddled with unanswered questions and so are you. I don't get the twists and turns life takes me on. I don't understand why people and feelings change, I don't understand my heart and it's strange rhythms and I certainly don't understand yours. I know you've had your moments where you've stopped and asked why and further discovered that there's not a whole lot of logic behind the way that things are going for you. 

I've found an answer: there isn't one. Sometimes things just happen, and sometimes they'll break your heart but just as they'll break your heart they'll make your heart. Good things happen all the time and we don't even think to question why. 

So it's time we learnt to deal with them the same way. Acceptance and ultimately hope. Hope that the sun will rise on the horizon just as it did the day before and you'll learn to deal with the cards life deals you. We aren't always going to have straight answers, and when we don't, sometimes it's best just to accept and to hope. To know that it's okay to have questions and it's also okay not to have answers.

It's a Friday night and I'm full of questions, and I'm okay that they don't have answers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment