Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lesson 5. Practical solutions to everyday problems.

I am a girl. I am over emotional and tend to make mountains out of molehills. I wallow in my self pity and I bathe in a good over-indulgent 'woe is me' spiel.

If you are of the female variety, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say at least once in your life you've done this. It seems to be a nasty tendency of ours, to dwell on the negative happenings and not the positive solutions.

I date a boy. He is practical and can almost always see a step by step way to move forward. He does not sit and cry, he gets up off of that thing and does something about it 'til he feels better.

It was late and we were talking. Or at least I was talking and getting all weepy about facing University and he was listening. He began to step me through what we were going to do to get me through this together. He didn't let me stay in my state of fear and self pity, he brought me out of it and talked me down. It wasn't only getting there on my own, but how we were going to get me there. We went through each paper and talked about practical things we could do to make it easier. We put things in place for each and it actually put my mind at rest.

Snap out of it. Write a list. Do some actual work. Get a better attitude. Build your bridge and take a quick paced stroll over it. Baby steps towards big goals, practical solutions to everyday problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment