Monday, June 4, 2012

Lesson 49. Have peace.

The rain whips the window pane. I only watch. I am safe and sound as I am. The living room is warm and the outside world is only fiction. It's quiet here, and although I have mountains of incomplete work in front of me, I only sit.

I read somewhere that peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble or hard work, it means to be in the midst of these and still feel calm in your heart. I've found this to ring true throughout all of life's crowded hallways and stressful spiral staircases. Peace is not about reaching a physical destination or a certain completion date, it's about your heart.

It's almost the mid-year slump. The end of the semester is approaching and seemingly so is the end of many a rope. Exams are making a mighty noise and study is cluttering the space- not to mention mad emotions running wild about the house. It is all too easy to let it consume you. To place your heart in the topsy turvy feelings field seems to be an automatic response.

Place your heart in a place of peace. Place it in what you know. That way regardless of circumstance your feet will stay firmly on the ground. Take heart in the knowledge that you are loved, you have a plan and a purpose, a hope and a future. You have much more than the noise and rain of the outside. You are in the midst of wild weather and you still feel calm in your heart. Have peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment