Friday, June 8, 2012

Lesson 51. Take a bath.

Deepest apologies from the land of nod and other magical distractions for my tardiness and general lack of focus. Disciplined blogger is back and better than ever (slight exaggeration but the phrase needed it, I'm probably not better than ever.)

Yesterday I felt a little over my head. Stress and a silly state landed me with that awful homesick belly ache that spreads from my belly to my extremities. It triggered a little something near my tear duct that left me head buried in hands. Luckily, a love in my life who knows me best suggested I toddle on over to his residence and take a bath. Nothing grieved me more than the dark November discovery that my hostel did not have a bathtub. If there's two things I need in a house it's a fireplace and a bathtub. I don't think I even knew what a shower was until I was about 10. Bathing was and always has been a vice, an escape, a lull into blissful ignorance of what is outside the bathroom door.

So yesterday I took a bath, and oh was it glorious. I popped in a bubble bar from my workplace and watched the water create a delicious little diversion from day to day life. I dipped my toe in and followed with the rest, I felt like I could finally breathe. I closed my eyes and I didn't ponder. I threw away thoughts of stress and worry and I was just being. It was a beautiful thing just to be. We don't do that enough.

Don't let things drive you to the point where you don't know how to just be. Take a deep breath, close your eyes and just smile. Just relax for a moment. It will do wonders for your worn out weary wit. Take a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment