Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lesson 69. Remember what is important.

I've been battling bad grades. I've been wondering why and what and when it all becomes too much I put on some old school Westlife and weep in my nostalgic state for the days when study was only a far away future problem for far away future Lydia.

I arrived home today with some lovely Uni friends. We discussed marks and although I didn't expose my shame, I certainly alluded to the fact that they were less than desirable. We then walked my property and I showed them my house. Suddenly, my cloudy perspective flipped.

Life is beautiful. I come from a household saturated with love and brilliant lighting. The grass is crisp cut and the air is fresh. Wide open spaces for wide open arms. I have a roof over my head and a bed to cradle dreams. The best people in the world are my friends and the best person is mine.

Don't let your bad grades get to you. Take a walk outside, count your blessings, remember what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment