Monday, September 3, 2012

Lesson 135. When it rains, remember home.

The rain hits hard. The window pane withstands without doubt or tremor. I sit. I watch. 
This is home.  

For some reason rain pulls some nostalgic trigger. Every time it rains when I'm away my heart longs to be within these four walls. My roommate feels the same. There's been many a conversation had about how the rain means we need to be home. 

So I'm trying to breathe it in, soak it up, have this moment. This moment where in this wild weather I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. So that when things get tough and I'm not in such a place of warmth or security, I can place my finger on the feeling, I can feel it by way of memory. I can make it through by holding on to home in my heart. 

When the weather tosses you about, close your eyes and think back. Somewhere along the way there's been a moment, even if only a split second where you've felt safe from the way the rain slaps the concrete with such force. Hold onto that safety, know that it exists, and cling on knowing it returns. 

When it rains, remember home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment