Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lesson 142. The truth can heal.

I feel as though a part of me returned tonight that had gone walkabouts with my sanity (though sanity is yet to return, I'll keep you posted on its wherabouts)

My best friend and I had drifted and dropped away all honest communication. We papered over our cracks with niceties and lighthearted conversations. Neither of us willing to acknowledge the rift, we tried to bridge the gap with nothing but flimsy flowery substance.

And then it got too much. So we talked about it, or rather wrote about, then followed with a conversation. And then we found our way back to each other.

We're closer to each other than we've ever been before because we cared enough for one another to speak up instead of letting each other slip away.

I'm determined to do this more often. You might just save a someone. The truth can hurt, but the truth can heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment