Monday, July 2, 2012

Lesson 75. Some things never change.

I had lunch with two friends I treasure dearly today. It was as though 6 months apart were simply three words and that we were still the kids dreaming up a different tomorrow. We teased and talked just like always. I'm falling asleep with a smile on my face.

I was almost afraid to begin with. I didn't want to lose the dreamy montage of laughing and crying through the ups and downs to Cyndi Lauper that I bring out of the cobwebs in my mind after a hard day at University. I didn't want things to be any less than what they used to be because in the challenges of the new, the comfort of the old proves a therapeutic memory. Almost to my surprise, things were not different at all. Time had not changed the bonds we'd built as gawky kids. We still made the same jokes about terrible humming and irritating teachers. One was still tactless, the other still laughed with every bit of heart. 

It's like an old book or a hug from your mother. Life comes and goes and gives and takes but don't be discouraged. Certain things remain the same for a reason. Appreciate them. Some things never change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment