Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lesson 87. Say yes to something you'd usually say no to.

I'm a stubborn young lass. I dig my heels in and jut my jaw out at everything and anything if I can find even a slight reason to. I don't quite know why, I'd like to blame it on my lawyerly father but I fear it's just the way I was made.
As we've discussed before, I'm an atrocious partaker in exercise. Put stubborn with that and you get a Lydia moaning and groaning on the couch about how I don't have appropriate pants but I'm afraid not to go for a walk with them because I don't want to have a repeat of the Mao Ze Tong incident of 09 (That's a story for another Saturday)

I caved, I buckled and got my boots on. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a breathtaking stroll around lake Wanaka and I would've been devastated to have missed such a glorious display of creation. I'll have to bite my tongue next time around. 

We so often employ instincts that although instilled in us from youth may not have much use right now. Don't miss out on something beautiful purely because of your own silly nature, you'll regret it guaranteed. Say yes to something you'd usually say no to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment