Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lesson 81. Have cake for breakfast.

This morning I was a very naughty lass. Last night at about 10pm I begun the quest to recreate my sisters birthday cake and successfully did so. This morning I lay in bed and thought of nothing else. The way it would feel to slice a tiny fork into the mountain of spongy perfectly textured chocolate delight. The satisfaction that would come upon my stomach after I had savoured a perfect slice. It was settled, breakfast was my first priority and cake was my first port of call.

I texted my sister who was asleep in the next room with my said cake-breakfast proposal and she replied promptly "Exactly what I was thinking" Great minds think alike and all that jazz. We meandered down to the kitchen and our needs were met. They were so met.

Life is too short to not have cake for breakfast once in a while. I know, I know, I'm all for healthy lifestyles and what not but I do believe that cake for breakfast comes under that bracket. Throwing caution to the wind, listening to the cries of your appetite, it's all a part of the journey. Have cake for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment