Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lesson 16. Fresh air is good for the soul. Even if it does mean lying underneath your air vent.

A few hours after sunset this evening, I found myself in a fuzzy state of mind. Today was a day of confusion. There were so many different things to breathe in and then somehow navigate their way back out again. My head was aching and my heart had been tossed about so much in my current position that I had to stop and breathe. However, this created a slight issue because I was in the lounge and our lounge just happens to be internal. No windows, which gets a teeny bit claustrophobic at even the best of times.

Before I knew it I was lying on the floor with two of my best friends trying to inhale the seemingly 'fresh air' from our rooftop air vent. We debriefed our days and had a good lol at the more jovial aspects of the last 24 hours. Then came a moment of clarity. I remembered just how good I had it. Even though today was one of those days, I am finally beginning to find my feet in this whirlwind and I'm doing it with the most stupendous of people by my side. Don't let these four walls cloud your judgment or make you feel trapped, fresh air is good for the soul. Even if it does mean lying underneath your air vent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment