Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lesson 28. Let old friends know you miss them.

It's no secret that I am a rather nostalgic idealistic lass.
I cherish friendship and often hold on too long. I'm guilty of not wanting to accept Leaan Rimes' hit single 'Life Goes On' because I don't think her hair looks natural and I hate the thought of letting go.

Though today I came to the conclusion that it's not always a terrible trait. A dear friend of mine who also moved away to the other end of the country sent me a text. It was a simple missing you kind of text but it meant a lot to me. The very fact that she missed me made me think that I did make some sort of a mark. It sparked something in me that although we weren't as close as we used to be, she still valued me and our friendship. It's a very precious thing to encounter and it's something that often goes unvoiced. It's as simple as shooting off a text. Let old friends know you miss them, you never know what it might mean to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment