Sunday, May 27, 2012

Lesson 40. Pre-order on iTunes.

It's been a long day. It's 11.30pm and I've just arrived home from University. It's also a Sunday. I'm a little cranky and a lot sleepy.

My cranky has been diminished greatly by the discovery of a delectable wee musical ditty that I had pre-ordered and disregarded. My head hit the keyboard in great frustration this evening to be met by the light of my screen and the sweet love of John Mayer. The download began. As did the first date-esque feelings: numerous heart palpitations, sweaty palms, woozy mind, fluttering eyelashes. My expectations were more than met by John donning a cowboy hat and working a harmonica. I do love me a man with an accent and a hankerin' for some line dancing. It was a similar discovery to the $10 dollars in your back pocket you forgot about last week, and it was a sweet startle to my somewhat stressful evening.

Do yourself a favour and pre-order, surprise yourself or someone else. There's nothing better than a  'just because' few words or few things or few songs. Maybe you should choose a random pair of pants and put some money in it simply because it will seriously raise your cloudy mood next time you're wearing them. Maybe you should leave a post-it note for a friend letting them know they're celebrated. Maybe you should pre-order on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment