Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lesson 23. Tell someone they're the height of excellence.

After an occurrence involving the sweetest dusky pink hair bow and a letter from an angel face today, I felt compelled to pay it forward. A girl in my class had singlehandedly changed my attitude towards my day and myself by gifting me with two small things. I realised that I now carried a mandate to bring light to someones dull day. Let me tell you, it doesn't take much to flip someones day from being average to awesome. I decided to tip a few people off that I think they're the bee's knees. 

It felt good to bring a little bit of lovin' to a little bit of lonely. Why is it so often we hold back? What is so wrong with telling someone that they are feline sleeping attire? If someone in your life changes it, let them know! Release a little adoration out into the world. We are so quick to let snappy retorts fly out in moments of anger or just plain negativity- counteract it. Be someone's pick-me-up. Let's do this together yes? I'm going to start letting at least one person know that they are in fact the greatest thing since sliced bread every single day. I promise it will begin to change you if you let it. Everyone needs your pat on the back, your shout from the sideline, your whisper of reassurance. Tell someone they're the height of excellence, you'll both feel all the better for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment